Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Conferences

Happy November everyone!
I can't believe that we are almost completely finished with our first quarter already! Time is flying by fast!  Here are some announcements:

1. Conferences

I apologize in advance for the mess that next week is turning into be. I feel awful I have to reschedule a few due to a mandatory meeting that was brought to my attention earlier this week taking place on Wednesday, as well as a banquet on Tuesday night.  I am showing a screen shot of the layout for the week - so for those of you who need to adjust their times, please let me know and I'll make something work! 

Also, if you could fill out this google form quick, that would be awesome! Should only take a few minutes to give some more feedback for how things are going in general.
As always, thank you in advance for you flexibility.



2.  Wonder Field Trip

The kids should have brought home a lime green permission slip to go to the movie "Wonder" which will be out in theaters quite soon! If you have not paid on FEE PAY, please do so asap. If your child needs scholarship assistance, please turn the form in and make sure you check the box! As of right now, I do not need any parent volunteers, but I will let you know if that changes. 

If they lost the form, here is a link to another copy so you can print it off at home and have it returned. Hopefully the link works. 
            Wonder Permission Slip

3.  Report Cards
 With the end of a quarter comes report cards. They should be available on the Parent Portal sometimes towards the end of next week.

The report cards are standards based and based on a 4,3,2,1 scale. Please do NOT associate the 4,3,2,1 with an A ,B,C,D- as that is not the case at all!

For reference:
4 is given if the student is performing consistently better than grade level
3 is given if the student is performing consistently at grade level
2 is given if the student is understands the skill, but not consistent at performing it just yet
1 is given if the student may not understand the skill or still developing the skill.

4. Website updates
I told you it would be a trial and error period the first quarter to see if the HomeworkApp was worth it- and I decided that it's not applicable to 5th grade necessarily. Great for upper grades with more homework and classes, but not so much now.

Instead, I have updated the Homework tab with a direct link to my Planbook online. Every Sunday when I am planning for the week, I will copy my plans online to the site that allows you to see everything that we will be doing for the week. Keep in mind that the plans change frequently (especially math!) as we may not get to everything, however, most of the information is updated.

I will also try to update the homework listed regularly for reference, but I apologize in advance if I forget to.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers to Fall!
Jennifer

P.S. If the kids didn't tell you, Waunakee Volleyball made it to State for the first time in 24 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment