Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Gratitude.

I can't believe the school year is over. I've been crying on and off the last two days, and my heart is very heavy. I never thought I would say that I hate the last day of school. I have been trying to come up with the best way to end the year with the kids. I have written this blog about 15 times over and over and it's been very challenging to find the right words to say.

First,  I have truly enjoyed having your kids be in my class. I feel so blessed to have had their uniqueness blossom in 504 this year.  I loved learning about who they are, as well as help them find their way through this year. We've had ups and downs and bumps and bruises, but we've all made it out surviving, strong and resilient.

Second, Teachers always say that you never forget your first class.
 I don't think it is feasible to forget the kind of impact the kids have made on me. I've learned so much about teaching this year, I can't wait to carry on and continue growing as an educator next year.

Third, I am so happy that Kromrey is a 5-8  building. I do not know how 5th grade teachers in previous years (now 4th grader teachers) and the 8th grade teachers handle the separation. I am excited for the next group of kids, however, I am even more excited that I can continue supporting this group for the next three years.

Lastly,
Thank you parents.

Thank you so much for your endless support and compassion. Thank you for following up with your child and helping them stay organized and focused. Thank you for coming to parent teacher nights and open houses, and spirit afternoons and field trips. Thank you for being an active role model in our community, and in our classrooms. The kids see that, and they model that behavior whether they realize it or not.

This year has been incredible. I am going to miss them dearly. Next year has tough competition to beat.

Thank you. Have a great, and safe summer!

-Ms. Davidson



No comments:

Post a Comment