Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Hail Mary of weeks!

What a crazy winter we have been having so far! (Knock on wood!)
Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been fighting this nasty virus on and off for a few weeks, and it's totally throwing me off my game.

First of all, for those of you who were able to make it to conferences, THANK YOU! It was such a blast seeing everyone and answering questions. You are all so wonderful, and I feel very thankful to have such a wonderful group of parents this year!

Second of all, the kids and I have been working very hard on our informational unit. The kids picked a topic that they wanted to learn more about in relation to Native Americans, and I am so impressed with the topics the kids have chosen! I am really enjoying watching the kids get really into their topics, and dive into their research. They are continually asking some great questions, and learning more about the purpose of what they are doing. It's awesome.


Lastly, on Friday before we all head off to break, the kids will be partaking in the first "Maker's Day" event. Brian Miles, our amazing technology guru/sensei is heading the project, which is good news for everyone. Mr. Miles (who teaches technology to most of the 5th graders in my room) has a bunch of amazing tech tools that the kids will get the opportunity to explore and learn with all morning. Not only that, but the rest of the 5th grade teachers will be having other hands on types of activities including tech, art, and creativity.  It's going to be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep your eye out for the pamphlet this week!


It's looking to be a tough, but rewarding week, much like the "Miracle in Motown". Let's have fun! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I am looking forward to this break as a great time to rest, relax and revamp,and I know the kids are too.


And if you are wondering how the "Game" is going...that's the "revamp" part.

Happy Holidays!
Best,
Jen











1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Parents can follow a live tweet of Maker Day if they follow @techguywisco - so excited for Friday!

    ReplyDelete