Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day One, Volume 2

Welcome back to school, and welcome to Ms. Davidson's classroom blog!

Today is always one of the most exciting days of the school year. Everyone was so energized to start, they were even sprinting around the corner from the main entrance, trying to get to their new lockers asap. It was like the bell had rang for recess or something.

Today the kids and I spent a lot of time getting to know each other and learning names, as well as  talking about routines and procedures, and unfortunately, we are not done. I am pretty confident that I have learned everyone's name already, except for a few mispronunciations (spending hours making name tags and class lists will do that) but the true test is when they are wearing different shirts tomorrow, so we shall see. And even though it was a lot of talking and listening, the kids were fantastic! I am really looking forward to seeing how well this group transitions into the middle school, and how we all work together. I think there are a lot of amazing personalities that I can't wait to learn more about and embrace their strengths and challenges.

 There was also a good chunk of time this morning sorting out school supplies and materials.  Thank you to all of those parents who donated materials to the classroom, cleaning and non cleaning. My cabinets are completely full and ready for the year to come.I am sure that your kids already gave you the low down- please note that there is NO homework tonight, but I will be sending home a few slips for the kids to bring back as soon as possible this week.

Please mark on your calendars September 17th. That is open house night. I have a ton of things to talk about, and I looking forward to meeting all of you.

I hope that your day went well, although I am sure the house was a little quieter this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment